The effects of marijuana greatly vary between users and strains. People will usually attempt to find a strain that matches their unique needs; some might seek out the best weed strains for relaxing, while others just need something to help them sleep. Marijuana has been well-documented in its ability to provide an almost euphoric calmness, but recent developments have further pushed the boundaries of its potential – particularly in correlation with treating certain mental health conditions such as stress and anxiety.
Recently, marijuana’s growing popularity and its gradual legalization spreading across the country, has certainly caused a spark in the amount of weed strains readily available. Now, chemical engineers have been able to tap into and harness the extreme specifics of individual strains. By tinkering with the many genetic variations of sativa and indica strains, far more distinct and user-diversified effects are now possible.
But at its roots, indica has always been the crowned winner for relaxation purposes.
What Are the Benefits Of Indica Strains
The benefits of indica strains are usually well-known for providing soothing and stress-relieving effects. However, there’s more to consider than simply choosing an indica strain when you’re seeking relaxation. Since engineers are now able to manipulate the varying levels of THC and CBD in each strain, your options when seeking specific effects and purposes are immense. Since THC and CBD both produce varying effects, their balance has been carefully monitored as a means to create these user-specific purposes, such as relaxation. Since indica strains generally contain a larger CBD:THC ratio, they’ve become the standard choice to achieve these therapeutic benefits.
What Are the Best Weed Strains For Relaxing?
Some of the best strains of marijuana for relaxing include:
- OG Kush – This cannabis strain is widely famous and is often known by even non-smokers. Created in the 90s as a hybrid, it provides an uplifting head buzz, followed by complete feelings of calmness, relaxation and euphoria. It does contain a high amount of THC, and is great for treating stress, migraines, and depression.
- Strawberry Cough – This strain is unusually a sativa-dominant, but experienced users can certainly rely on its calming effects. Strawberry Cough provides reliable effects for those familiar with its potential, and can bring on positive feelings of happiness that often lead to calmness and relaxation.
- Cannatonic – Cannatonic is a balanced strain, with half indica and half sativa. With a low THC content compared to CBD, it’s perfect for treating anxiety, and has been a popular strain for therapy. However, it’s uplifting and relaxing effects have a short duration.
- Purple Widow – With a pleasant aroma and great taste, Purple Widow features a combination of the body high and racy effects of indica, as well as cerebral sativa effects. The low THC content makes it great for beginners, and is widely used for calming and relaxing the body and mind.
- Girl Scout Cookies – This strain features a high THC content, which can sometimes bring on drowsy but relaxing effects. Indica is often referred to as “in-da-couch”, and this strain can back that up. While feelings of euphoria and creativity may arise, chances are you won’t want to move all too far, and just relax in a moment of tranquility.
How Do Indica Strains Relax The Body?
Indica strains are known to bring on calming, sedating, and pain-relieving effects, mainly in part to the varying terpene structure of each strain. They can also soothe nausea and be appetite-inducing, which is helpful for those dealing with low appetites due to a medical condition such as anxiety and depression. It really is a matter of producing a more body-oriented high, which provides more relaxation as opposed to head highs. But in the end, it’s not an exact science, and researchers are continuing to learn how and why these effects take place.
LA KushCab is a California marijuana dispensary and multi-brand collective sourcing only the best cannabis products for your recreational and medical needs. Our cannabis online store features a robust supply of leading cannabis products, whether it’s vape pens, edibles, flowers, concentrates, topicals, or tinctures. Our lengthy line of indica strains can provide the relaxation you seek, and we even provide essential information about our varying strain types available. Learn more about what sets us apart from the rest, or contact us today for any questions or comments.